Thursday, July 30, 2015

Visit to the European Institute of Oncology in Milan, Italy

This time I went to Milán to visit the European Institute of Oncology in Italy. There I met Prof. Ottavio de Cobelli who invited me to his operating room to witness a Da Vinci robotic radical prostatectomy in a patient with prostate cancer.


It was an interesting morning in which I could see the strategies they use systematically. It was their first day with the new Robot Da Vinci Xi and they had to use some tricks to be able to work with the alexis access port which was perfect for the 12 mm tracers, but not so good for the 8 mm robotic ports from the new Da Vinci Robot.


It was a very interesting morning. Dr. Cobelli is a great expert. These experiences let me copy the good ideas from other centers, but it also makes me realize the incredible quality level of our work with the Da Vinci Robot, inspired by Dr. Richard Gaston.

Then I went to the airport to travel to Sofia the next day, I have been invited to produce an educational video on GreenLight Enucleation of the prostate.


No comments: