Friday, December 16, 2011

Surgeries at Ospedale San Antonio, Padova, Italy

Today I flew to Bergamo and drove towards Padova, where I performed two operations in two patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia, to demonstrate the new technique of anatomical vaporization of the prostate with the GreenLight XPS laser.


There I was hosted by the head of the department of urology, the kind Dottore Massimo del Bianco. We spent a very nice morning in the operating theatre, discussing pros and cons of this laser and the effect of the economic crisis in the Italian healthcare system. The operations were successful and I could demonstrate the benefits of this technique for the patients.


Then I departed to Rome, to connect to Beirut. A very tough trip, I arrived in Beirut after 3 am...

No comments: