Sunday, October 07, 2012

Surgeries in Beirut, Lebanon

Again I travelled to Lebanon to help Dr. Mohamad Aluuan, head of the urology department at the Central Military Hospital of Beirut, to learn to operate patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia with the new laser GreenLight XPS 180 watts.


It was a tough schedule, as I got there at 3 am and slept only some hours before starting a long surgical session. We operated six patients, one of them with a 150 gram prostate, and then that night I returned to Madrid.


It was a very nice session and the head of the military healthcare of Lebanon offered me a beautiful plaque of the Lebanese army as a reminder of my stay there.


In the photo, with Toni Abboud, Dr. Mohamad Aluuan and Bassem Zarif, at the end of the surgical session.

No comments: