Friday, December 07, 2007

Conference in Doha, Quatar

This time I travelled to the middle east to participate in the PACS (Pan Arab Continence Society) conference in Doha, Quatar. Quatar is a relatively small country, but extremely wealthy, due to their abundance of the black gold. I arrived late at night after my trip and this is the first thing I saw from Doha as I woke up the next morning.


Then I went to the congress venue, where I dictated my conference. I lectured on greenlight laser prostatectomy for bening prostatic hyperplasia in a session covering all treatment options for this disease. Again, I met Dr. El-Hilali, from Canada there.


Then I had time enought to wonder around a beautiful market in the city, where I bought a shisha pipe, and different flavours of tobacco... there were also lots of spices... really beautiful.


Then I returned to Madrid, that same night. In principle, I prefer the trips where I do surgeries rather than lectures. It is much more interesting and fun. I received an invitation to visit Doha again in the near future to perform a mentoring session.

No comments: