Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Helsinki University Hospital

I am writing this post from Brussels. I am returning to Madrid, waiting at the airport (my flight has been delayed) after spending two days in Helsinki to participate in a symposium on Greenlight laser prostatectomy for the treatment of Benign prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).


The programme of the meeting


The symposium took place in one of the buildings of the Helsinki University Hospital, where I first gave a lecture covering physical basis of laser prostatic treatments, and mainly recommendations on surgical technique.

Then we went to the surgical theatre, where I performed a Greenlight prostatectomy in a patient while I anwered the questions coming from the auditorium. The Auditorium was equipped with a direct link to the theatre, and urologists and nurses could witness the operations and formulate questions.


Then we ate something and then Dr. Hannu Koistinen (in the photo below) did a second operation.


A very nice scientific session. Both patients recovered very fast. I love Finland... Today I go back to my clinics and I will also see patients tomorrow. Then on thursday I depart to Istambul, Turkey.

No comments: