Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Visit to Kuwait City

I have spent some days in Kuwait visiting my colleagues at the Al-Amiri Hospital. They have adopted the Greenlight HPS technology for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, and I went there to give them a hand with their first cases.


We did seven surgical procedures. First I did two operations, explaining the technique.

Then three Kuwaiti urologists from Al-Amiri Hospital performed the rest of the operations under my supervision, with great enthusiasm for this technique that allows patients to recover surprisingly fast. It was very impressive how well they did their first cases on their own.

On Monday night, we got together with other urologists from Kuwait City and Saudi Arabia, also interested to learn about the technique. I reviewed some basic science concepts, surgical technique and results, with a very interesting discussion at the end.



It has been a great experience, Kuwait is a modern and vibrant city, and all the people I met here were really nice and warm. I had a great time.

No comments: