Thursday, February 26, 2009

Surgical Course at the Hospital Clínico Universitario San Carlos



This week I participated in a prestigious course on Incontinence and Robotic Surgery and New Technologies. It took place in the hospital where I studied medicine, so it was nice to come back to the surgical theatres, but this time as the surgeon!

This is also the hospital where one of my partners at the ICUA works, Dr. Ignacio Castillón Vela, who is a wonderful urological laparoscopist. He contributed with his participation in robotic surgical procedures during the congress. In the photo below, with the blue cap, assisting Dr. Motrie with the Da Vinci Surgical System.


I was invited to participate in a live surgical demonstration of a Greenlight laser prostatectomy. The case was very well picked up and it was really nice and smooth. They told me the day after that the patient was fine!


No comments: