Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surgeries at the Hospital Vall d'Hebrón in Barcelona

Today I spent the morning at the prestigious hospital Vall d'Hebron in Barcelona. The urology department directed by Dr. Morote Robles is one of the leading hospitals in the country. They are setting up a laser unit and they wanted to evaluate the greenlight HPS system.

I performed two operations in two patients and I had the opportunity to chat with Dr. Placer, one of the few experts in Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (in the center of the photo, besides Dr. Carles Raventós, right).


There I met also Dr. Fakiani, whom I had visited recently to help him with his first cases in the Fiatc Hospital, and who told me about his successes with this laser. It has been a great honour to operate in this fantastic hospital, and I was happy to hear from Dr. Placer that both patients did very well postoperatively.

No comments: