Sunday, November 08, 2009

Trip to Asia III: Taiwan

From Shanghai I flew to Taipei, and when I arrived I went to walk around it's famous night markets. Taipei must be the city with most motorbikes in the world, and it is a modern and nice city with heavy traffic.







The following day I visited the Tri-Service General Hospital, a military hospital serving Taiwan's army, the navy and the air force. First I gave a talk on Greenlight HPS treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.




Then we went to the surgical theatre, where I helped the hospital's urologists to perform a case, there were also urologists from other hospitals. It was a really interesting case.





 


That day Dr. Richard Santucci, a famous reconstructive urological surgeon, was also visiting the hospital, and we had a very nice chat over a Taiwanese banquet consisting on 11 or 12 courses.





That same night I took the speed train to Kwashioung, the second main city in Taiwan, where I had to make a presentation on greenlight laser and BPH in the 2009 Asia-Pacific Uro-oncology Summit.








The dinner after the congress was very nice and fun, with a lot of karaoke going on. I shared the table with Dr. Paibul Boonyapanichskul, from Bangkok; Dr. Hwancheol Son, from Seoul; our host, Prof. Po Hui Chiang, and Prof. Lawrence Klotz, from Canada. I had a lot of fun!



That same night I went back to Taipei to prepare my return to Madrid. I had time enough to visit the tallest building in Taipei, where I could see the city from above. It was a great farewell after a long trip.

No comments: