Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Live surgery at the World Congress of Endourology in Istanbul

Yesterday I performed a live surgery at the World Congress of Endourology that took place in Istanbul, Turkey.


In the same session there were other surgical procedures that were transmitted to the congress auditorium and there I met old friends, like Dr. Martov (Moscow), Dr. Erol (Istanbul), Dr. Aho (Cambridge), and I did new ones, as Dr. Hermann (Germany). We had to operate with different technologies on patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).


I had to operate a high risk patient, with a cardiac problem and with a prostate of about 90 cc, that went very well. I showed the capsular localization technique in detail and during the operation I answered to the questions of the expert panel at the auditorium.


It is always an honor to participate in this kind of activity in such important congresses. Live surgery allows us to show the truth of each surgical technique to the audience. I left very happy and satisfied. It was a pity that I had to return immediately to Madrid and I could not stay for the remainder of the congress.

With Tev Aho before departing to Madrid

No comments: