Thursday, September 06, 2012

Training session in Pordenone, Italy

After my visit to Pordenone in July, the local urologists were convinced of the wonders of the GreenLight laser for the treatment of BPH, and this time they asked me to mentor them with their first cases.


We did three morning cases that went very well. Normally in the teaching sessions I try to teach my colleagues two things. Firstly the physics regulating the interaction of laser and prostatic tissue, and the correct application to surgical technique. Secondly, the surgical strategy that allows to perform these procedures safely and efficaciously. Also I am by their side in these first cases to be able to assist them if any problem arises and to confirm that the endpoint of the operation is the best possible.


That same day I took the train to Brescia, where I would participate in another training session the following day.

No comments: