Friday, January 25, 2013

Two days of surgeries in Rome

This time I went to Rome to perform a surgical demonstration with the GreenLight XPS laser at the
Policlínico Universitario Tor Vergata, the urology department is chaired by Prof. Vespasiani. Dr. Roberto Miano accompanied me, he has a lot of interest in becoming a GreenLight surgeon.

I performed three cases in three patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. An anatomic vaporization, a vapo-enucleation (enucleating the middle lobe) and an En-bloc GreenLight enucleation of the prostate (GreenLEP), in which we used a morcellator to extract the tissue for histological analisys.


The session generated a lot of interest and there were many urologists and residents watching. Two days later Dr. Miano informed me that patients had fared very well.

I slept in Rome and the following morning I went to Hospital Villa Claudia to perform another surgical demonstration to Dr. Roberto Giulanelli, and we had also the visit of Dr. Tonino Lagana. I did two operations on two patients with BPH who had recurred after a previous TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate). One anatomic vaporization case and one vapo-enucleation that went very well.



It is always a pleasure to go to Italy. After finishing the session I returned to Madrid to try and rest a little during the weekend. Due to my trip to Bulgaria the previous week, this has been a 15 day non stop working week...



No comments: