Friday, November 29, 2013

Live surgery at Auguste-Viktoria-Klinikum in Berlin


This time I went to Berlin invited to perform a live surgery that would be transmitted to the audience of the congress at Auguste-Victoria-Klinikum.


This Hospital has been the most active center in Europe in Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate, and his recently retired head of department, Dr. Kuntz, an enthusiastic advocate of laser prostatectomy for many years, very respected all over the world.

Getting ready for the operation and the TV transmission
It has been a great honor for me to have been invited to operate there. My role was to demonstrate the GreenLEP technique (Green Laser Enucleation of the Prostate), but the patient's prostate was so small that I decided to use a mixed technique, vaporizing anterior and laterally and enucleating the middle lobe. Then I showed a video of the GreenLEP technique.

During the operation I communicated with the audience in the congress
I got a tweet from one of the attendees at the congress:


Everything went very well, then I returned to Madrid to rest during the weekend, after two full weeks non stop.


No comments: