Friday, July 25, 2014

New teaching session at Hill Clinic in Sofia, Bulgaria

Again I went to Sofia, Bulgaria, to participate in a training session at Hill Clinic. This time we operated 24 patients with the GreenLEP technique for several days.


We received the visit of Dr. Antonio Oliveira, from Portugal, and we enjoyed much the interaction with him. Hill Clinic celebrated its 5 years and I think I can say that it is one of the best teams in the world for surgery of BPH. The quality of the team work we do there is exceptionally good.

At the end of the session I took a photo with all the specimens of the patients operated, more than 1 Kilo of prostatic tissue.


Also, we managed to extract 230 grams of tissue from a single patient with a huge prostate. I was very impressed myself to see the size of this prostate and how well the patient did postop. GreenLEP is a very solid technique, and of course, the Piranha system for morcellation with the Vmax blades help a lot.


No comments: