Monday, July 07, 2014

Surgical training session at Hospital Universitario Fundación Jiménez Díaz in Madrid


This time I did not have to travel far. It only took me 15 minutes to reach the Hospital Fundación Jiménez Díaz from home where I had prepared a training session with 5 patients.


First I did an informal talk to the urology department staff and to the staff of the Hospital de Valdemoro, who attended via video-conference. I commented the controverted aspects of the use of the GreenLight laser, the relevant physics, how to use the fiber correctly and the new techniques I have developed and how to learn sequentially.


Then we went to the operating room where I performed two En-bloc GreenLight Enucleation and then I helped the urologists from the department to perform another three cases. Everything went very well. It was such a nice thing to finish the session at 10 pm and then be at home just in some minutes!


No comments: