Friday, November 11, 2005

PVP workshop in Santiago de Compostela

Today I left Madrid early in the morning towards Santiago de Compostela. This time I have had a little free time and managed to walk around the "plaza del Obradoiro", in front of the Cathedral of Santiago. It is a beauty. This is how the pilgrims look like when they reach Santiago by foot from France. I have then gone to eat some octopus in a local restaurant.
At three pm I went walking to the hospital where I had to train two urologists in the technique of Photoselective Vaporization of the prostate.
We did two operations, one of the prostates was relatively big, weighing 75 grams. The second one was smaller, ideal for training. I had to rush to the airport thinking that I was late, but after boarding we had to disembark due to an aeroplane's motor breakdown. I am updating this blog from the airport and I do not know yet if I will have to sleep in Santiago or if I will be able to get home tonight. Tomorrow I have to participate as a teacher in the Basic Laparoscopy course organised by Dr. Castillón. An initiative of the European School of Urologic Laparoscopy in collaboration with the Institute of Advanced Urological Surgery, our institution.Alineación a la izquierda

No comments: