Monday, December 11, 2006

HPS in action in a big prostate

This is a video of a Greenlight HPS Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate in a man with a 130 g prostate. These prostates are very big and usually are treated with an open prostatectomy. I used a suprapubic trocar, a 5 mm tube that is inserted into the bladder under the belly button, to enhance irrigation and improve visibility. The patient was sent to the room after his operation and the trocar entry site only needed a sticker to close. He was operated at 3.00 pm and was discharged the following morning, without a catheter and very happy.

1 comment:

VGW said...

Hi, my name is Frank, I write several blogs, one of import (to me and this topic) is Male Incontinence Today.

I'd like to see if I could do a podcast and/or interview (written) about you (in English) for my readers here in the States. My blog is:
http://maleincontinencetoday.blogspot.com/