Saturday, September 01, 2007

Holidays are over

My holidays are over. What a pleasure to rest, sleep, relax, read, oxygenate my brain and evaluate my life from a different perspective... My American brother in law, Wade Hatler (have a look at his website, it is really worth it) recommended a very interesting book, Ray Kurzweil's, "The Singularity is Near", that has made me understand that the advances in medicine will be exponential in the next years and that technology will evolve very fast to provide better treatments. I am even more convinced than I was that we as doctors have to look forward now and try to learn new techniques and keep updated to the minute. He also recommended "The Shangri-La Diet", written by Seth Roberts, a whole new theory on why we get fat and lose weight, that has made me decide (at last) to start losing weight.

But now it is time to go back to work. I am looking forward to it. I foresee a very intense and interesting year.

When I arrived to Madrid I found I have received several invitations to perform live surgeries and conferences in several international congresses before the end of the year, India, Mexico, Belgium...

I have also found out that our paper with recommendations on the PVP technique has been selected as a key article by www.urosource.com, one of the most relevant urological websites in Europe.


This year will also be interesting because we will try to incorporate new very exciting technologies that are being evaluated by the ICUA... 

No comments: