Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Trip to Moscow: part 1

Today I took a direct flight to Moscow departing at 12 pm. I arrived at Moscow at 6 o'clock (more or less 4 am Madrid time). From there I went to the hotel (Moscow's traffic is horrible) where I could sleep for an hour and then left to the Railway Hospital of Moscow, where I had to operate a patient. The operation would be transmitted to the meeting room at the first International Endourological Congress celebrated in Moscow as well as to 8 hospitals from the Russian Railway Hospitals network.




There I found some other international experts, as Dr. Jens Rasweiller, who elegantly performed an endoscopic enucleation of the prostate. I was very impressed to see the efficacy of a new morcellator developed by the german company Wolf.

As I arrived I learned that my operation had been postponed until the afternoon... so I walked about the surgical theatres watching the laparoscopic procedures in the programme... a little bit as a "zombie" due to lack of sleep. I found a quiet room and I slept for a while, I felt much better after that. At 7 pm I started my operation, which was very succesful. A translator asked me questions and my responses were translated and transmitted to the meeting room.


When we finished, we had something to eat and drink in the doctors room, that was well provided with Russian vodka and other spirits... Nasdrovia!!!



Then I was taken to an Azerbaiyani restaurant, where some tipical plates were served (as the famous goat testicles), but I preferred to have a salad and a steak... then I fell on my bed feeling really tired...

No comments: