Sunday, September 22, 2013

Live surgery at the AURO Congress


I woke very early to catch a flight to Rome at 6.00 am. I was picked up at the airport to drive to L'aquila to participate at the UROLEAGUE Congress from the Association of Italian Urologists (AURO) that took place at the Hospital San Salvatore, chaired by Prof. Di Clemente.


The surgical schedule was very interesting, with the participation of great italian urologists. I was the only foreign urologist invited to operate.

With Prof. Di Clemente
I had to do two procedures one after the first, an anatomic vaporization with GreenLight laser of a trilobulated 80 cc adenoma, and a GreenLEP procedure (GreenLight Enucleation of the Prostate) in a prostate bigger than 100 cc.




Both cases went very well, and were retransmitted to the congress venue, in a nearby hotel. Dr. Mutto moderated the session and he relayed questions from the floor during the operation. Both were successful.

During the operations I noticed my mobile vibrating in my pocket, and later I found out that it was a message from one of my colleagues that was cheering me during the live procedure! Interesting times we live in...






No comments: