Tuesday, January 27, 2015

GreenLEP tutorship in Portugal

Again I flew to Porto to reach Coimbra with Dr. Antonio Oliveira, who is determined to learn the En bloc GreenLEP (GreenLight Enucleation of the Prostate) technique.

We went to the Hospital Idealmed to perform three operations. All patients had prostates over 100 cc.


I was very happy to see the fast progress that Dr. Antonio Oliveira had, he is now independent in the performance of this operation. I helped surpass some minor difficulties in two of the cases, but he was able to complete one on his own.


I am very proud to see that this technique that took me five years to develop is now reasonably easy to teach and learn and I liked the interest and determination of Dr. Oliveira to learn properly.


The following day we went to another hospital, the Hospital at Oia, to do another case. Dr. Oliveira completed it perfectly well!


Then I returned to Madrid to rest for the weekend. I was happy thinking that this technique is going to help a lot of patients.

No comments: