Thursday, January 29, 2015

Round table at the annual meeting of the Endourology Group of the Spanish Urological Association

I went to Bilbao to participate in the annual meeting of the Endourology Group of the Spanish Urological Association.


The round table was moderated by Dr. Rodriguez Antolín and I participated with Dr. Placer (Holmium laser) and Dr. Ruibal (laparoscopic adenomectomy), my role was to defend the role of GreenLEP (Green Laser Enucleation of the Prostate).
Con el Dr. Placer (centro) y Ruibal (derecha)
I briefly presented the development of the GreenLEP technique, how to learn it progressively, starting with anatomic vaporization and hybrid operations, and the results obtained in the last 5 years.


I tried to express my conviction that we have to abandon conventional open surgery and TURP once and for all, and that there is no sense in doing laparoscopic adenomectomy when we have safer and less invasive techniques as laser enucleation. All the departments of urology in the world should embrace laser prostatectomy, making whatever efforts are necessary to learn and to replicate the excellent results we can achieve with Green and Holmium lasers.



No comments: