Tuesday, October 20, 2015

New course on Robotic Radical Cystectomy at ORSI and OLV Hospital in Aalst, Belgium

Again I went to Belgium to participate in an advanced course on robotic radical cystectomy and intracorporeal urinary diversion at ORSI.

I had the privilege in this course of performing two robotic radical cystectomies with an intracorporeal diversion and I also went to the operating room to witness a case at the OLV hospital in Aalst.


I am very grateful to Dr. Mottrie for everything I have learned in these courses with him, but I have to say that I have received a lot from Dr. Giorgio Gandaglia, from the Hospital San Rafaele in Milan, who is spending six months working at the OLV hospital in Aalst, and who has taught me a great deal.


For many hears I have devoted myself to teach other colleagues, specially in the use of lasers for the treatment of prostate disease. My experience as a surgical teacher helps me value the generosity of those who teach what they know without limits, and Giorgio Gandaglia is a great teacher. I think he will become no doubt one of the leading urologists in europe in a few years!

No comments: