Sunday, March 18, 2018

European Association of Urology Annual Congress In Copenhagen


This year the EAU took place in Copenhagen. A congress full of new and interesting stuff.

I was first in charge of addressing the Young Urologists Group of the EAU with my talk on Tips and Tricks for HoLEP (Holmium Enucleation of the Prostate).


Then I was invited to present a semi-live surgery of Anatomic PVP (Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate) during the plenary session of the congress.


Later that day I recorded an interview for a new education website on BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) that Boston Scientific is going to release soon, similar to the one they have been running for stone disease  http://stonesmart.urologytimes.com/. I spoke about the GreenLEP technique that I have described for the treatment of large glands. I will announce it in this blog the moment in comes online.

Also in this congress I presented a live surgery recorded previously at the Boston Scientific Booth.




This video will soon be available at the prestitious AIS Channel, I will also announce it here when it becomes available online.




Also I had to moderate a session of videos on new techniques in the treatment of BPH. 



In this session we phad submitted a video on how to perform intravesical morcelation of BPH tissue with safety, that Dr. Enrique Rijo presented. He is a colleague and a friend from Barcelona who learnt to enucleate with me and has grown up to become a true expert. 


Finally I presented another video that we had submitted to the congress on Robotic Nephrectomy in a tumor with caval thormbus.



In summary, a very busy congress in which I have been able to ascertain that we are in line with other european high level centers offering the latest technologies in minimally invasive surgery to our patients. 

No comments: