Thursday, May 24, 2007

From London to the AUA congress in Anaheim, California

This May 17th I travelled to London, where I stayed with Gordon Muir, one of the best HPS laser experts in the world. I was invited to participate with an interview in a new DVD that is being produced on laser prostatectomy with the HPS laser... this DVD apparently will be distributed to GPs and urologists around Europe.

The we travelled to Los Angeles, where we went to the American Urological Association Annual congress. We used the oportunity of flying together to work in a couple of editorial projects we are co-editing during the journey.

This year I was not presenting any scientific paper nor giving any talk, but I had important meetings with experts in HPS laser prostatectomy from all over the world. After the success of the KTP laser experts meeting held last year in Madrid (soon the conclusions of this meeting will be published in the Journal Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases), I will soon organize a second meeting, this time to discuss the new HPS laser. We will try to reach a consensus on how this laser should be used and how the operation should be performed and more importantly, how urologists and residents should be trained. We also will try to publish the conclusions of this meeting.

During the congress I also had the opportunity of attending the scientific sessions and participating in some courses. The AUA is a good meeting to learn and to keep updated. The congress center was just in front of Disneyland. My hotel was inside the park and every morning I had breakfast with Minnie, Lilo and Stich. I really missed my daughters...


No comments: