Saturday, June 23, 2007

Jedda, Saudi Arabia

This friday I flew to Casablanca, where I stopped to connect to Jedda, Saudi Arabia. Again I have been invited to help a Saudi Hospital to start operating with the new Greenlight HPS laser. I reached late at night and we went to the hospital, a very impressive private center with a wonderful architecture and state of the art medical technology.

There were two surgeries scheduled, and both were performed by Dr. Abdulmalik Al Tayyib with my supervision. He did not need any help, as he is a great surgeon. He visited us in Madrid for a whole week and he could see lots of operations. He is a wonderful person and a very respected urologist in Saudi Arabia.


These fast trips do not allow for much tourism, but as we left the hospital we went to see Jedda by car. It is a very beautiful city, much more relaxed than Riyadh, very nice. Then we went to have some fish for dinner sitting by the sea...

Tomorrow we have more surgeries scheduled, I will give a talk in the evening and then I will depart back to Madrid late at night.

No comments: