Sunday, June 10, 2007

Spanish Urological Association Annual Meeting in La Coruña

Yesterday I flew to La Coruña, in Galicia, the North-West region of Spain situated on top of portugal. I have come to the Annual meeting of the Spanish Urological Association to present two papers, the only two papers on Greenlight HPS laser treatment of BPH in this congress.

The congress center is situated in the "Paseo Marítimo", one of the most beautiful areas of La Coruña, facing the sea.


The first paper is a video presentation on the new Greenlight HPS laser, that I have presented only a couple of hours ago, with very good reception from my colleagues. It seems it is very didactic. My colleagues specially liked a short video of a transrectal ultrasound monitorization of the procedure, an idea I took from Dr. Gil Vernet, for the production of this video.

Tomorrow I will present a poster detailing my initial experience with this new laser.

Then, at 7.00 pm I will give a conference on the basic science behind HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) for the treatment of prostate cancer.

It is nice to come to the National Congress, in part because it is always celebrated before the summer, and I relate it with the proximity of the summer holidays... and I realise it has been a tough year and that I really want August to come soon, so I can rest. But it can only be a brief thought, because there is still much to do.... Denmark, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, maybe the Canary Islands, London, and all before the end of the month...

No comments: