Sunday, October 07, 2007

Athens

After finishing my friday morning surgical list (I did two laser cases, one of them had a huge 220 g prostate) I took the plane to Athens, where I had to meet my colleagues from the IGLU (International Greelight Users) Group. We had a lot to talk about. We are working on a paper pooling our prospective experience with the Greenlight HPS laser, and also a supplement describing the technique and recommendations of use and training, that will be published in European Urology.




We used the opportunity that the congress on Innovations & EBM in Urology was being celebrated there and that Gordon Muir, Alex Bachmann and Jean de la Rossette were already there, because they were presenting data on this laser in the symposium. Oliver Reich and I travelled to see them all there. The place was really beautiful, and very close to athens.


I had a ticket to return on saturday, but the meeting took longer than anticipated and I changed the flight to Sunday. I used the opportunity to work with Gordon Muir in a paper on surgical technique we are preparing together.

No comments: