Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trip to Mexico (I): Mexico D.F. - Hospital Angeles Lomas

This Sunday I flew to Mexico DF. I planned to participate in a coupe of workshops in this city and then travel to Guadalajara to perform a live surgery that will be transmitted to the World Congress of Endourology that takes place in Cancún. It is a week long trip and I am very happy to be invited to such an important congress.

The first workshop took place in the Hospital Angeles Lomas. I did a talk on Greenlight laser treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and then I performed a surgical procedure.


It was a delightful session and I had the pleasure of meeting there my old friends Dr. López Cueto, from Puerto Vallarta, the pioneer user of the Greenlight laser in Mexico, and with Dr. Francisco Barrios, also an early adopter of this technology.

I first gave a talk on Greenlight laser for the treatment of BPH.

Then we went to the surgical room to perform a procedure that was retransmitted to the meeting room. Dr. Barrios was with me in theatre and Dr. López Cueto was the moderator from the meeting room.

After the operation, we gave certifications to those attending the session and we went together for dinner.


I was impressed by the quality of this Hospital and by the human warmth of these mexican doctors.

No comments: