Sunday, May 11, 2008

Conferences in Athens

This Friday I flew to Athens to participate in the meeting "Athenian Days of Urology", invited by the Greek urological society. This is an extremely popular scientific meeting where 450 urologists gather. I had to talk about the new results of the HPS laser and how to deal with big prostates... There were other international invited speakers, and very prestigious ones, like Patrick Walsh (the father of anatomic radical prostatectomy), David Neal, Philippe Grange, and so on... with a fantastic scientific programme.


The meeting room was full, because the greenlight is generating a great interest lately worldwide... and there were lots of questions at the end. The moderator of the session was my friend Gerasimos Alivizatos, the biggest expert in greenlight in Greece and a recognized european expert in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.


Then I took the opportunity to visit the Parthenon, and I walked for two hours in Athens, a very nice experience...This afternoon I will fly to Thessaloniki, as tomorrow I will be operating there a patient with a 150 gram prostate...

No comments: