Sunday, June 05, 2011

First GreenLight Surgeries in Belgrade, Serbia

This is the first time I visited Serbia. I was invited to inaugurate the first GreenLight XPS laser in this country.

First I gave a talk at the prestigious Urology Clinic at Belgrade, maybe one of the biggest urological centers in Europe (if we do not count Rusia), if my memory is correct, with 120 urology beds.





Then I went to the surgical theatre to perform three surgical operations, two vaporizations and one enucleation in one patient with a huge prostate.

The following day we woke up early to go to the Serbian National television where we participated in an interview on this new method to operate patients with symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia.


Then I did other four operations, three vaporizations and another enucleation of a huge prostate.

I really liked serbian urologists, great surgeons in a not so privileged environment, with hunger for new technologies and an impresive thirst for learning.

No comments: