Saturday, June 11, 2011

Live surgery in Paris, France

This time I was invited to participate in the congress "Challenges in Endourology", that took place in Paris.

My role here was to perform a live surgical intervention that would be transmitted live to 400 urologists from all over the world. Also I participated in a video session where I had to present a video, right after surgery.


First I demonstrated the GreenLEP technique, the GreenLight Enucleation of the Prostate in a patient with a prostate weighing 100 grams. The operation was uneventful and there was no special incident. I could complete enucleation and morcellation and extraction of the adenomatous tissue in under 70 minutes. I received many questions from the floor and I was answering them while I was operating. In the photo, with Prof. Alexander Bachmann by my side.



Then I rushed to the hotel where the congress was being celebrated. I presented a video also on GreenLight Enucleation and I answered the questions they did to me. Attendees were very impressed with a prostatic enucleation with the GreenLight XPS 180 watt laser, with the absence of bleeding, with the fact that I enucleated the adenoma in one piece, with a side-firing fiber... they did not imagine this was possible.


Then I came to Madrid, happy after the meeting in Paris. During the last eight years I have lived dedicated to this, with a lot of sacrifice and a lot of passion for prostatic surgery. Devoted in body and soul to improve my technique to be able to offer it to my patients, and to be able to teach it to my colleagues so they can offer it to their patients... I felt the whole effort was worth it.




No comments: