Friday, March 16, 2012

National Academic GreenLight Summit, Leipzig

This thursday I flew to Leipzig in Germany to participate in a course on the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia with the GreenLight laser organized by the Universitätsklinikum of Leipzig and the Universitätspital of Basel, Switzerland. There I lectured with Professors Alexander Bachmann, Oliver Reich, Frank Schiefelbein and Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg, Who hosted the meeting at his hospital in Leipzig.


I first lectured on basic science, explaining laser physics and their relevance for the GreenLight surgeon. Then we divided the participants in groups and I was in charge with Prof. Schiefelbein to discuss advanced techniques, the anatomic vaporization of the prostate and the GreenLEP (GreenLight enucleation of the prostate) procedure.


Then I performed a surgical operation precisely demonstrating the principle of anatomic vaporization, with the presence in the operating room of many german colleagues.


Professor Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg is a world famous urological laparoscopist, an exceptional surgeon, a wonderful person and a great host.

After the meeting I had a chance to visit the Porsche factory in Leipzig, with Dr. Bachmann and Dr. Reich and a professional pilot drove us fast in an spectacular Porsche Panamera...


Then I returned to Madrid and to try and enjoy the bank holiday.

No comments: