Thursday, March 01, 2012

Surgeries at Hospital Gregorio Marañón in Madrid


Today I spent the morning with my colleagues at the Hospital Gregorio Marañón, the biggest public hospital in Madrid. I had been invited to show the GreenLight XPS 180 watt anatomic vaporization of the prostate. It is always nice to meet my friends again.

I did the first case of the morning, a patient with a moderately large prostate, where I showed them the way of identifying the prostate capsule to achieve a radical vaporization of the adenoma. Everything went smooth and nice.



Dr. Carlos Hernández performed the second case. He had previous experience with GreenLight and it was easy for him to reproduce the technique. He was very satisfied with the possibilities this new laser offers and surprised to see the radicality and elegance of the technique.

Dr. Hernández has always been in the avant gardé of technology and modern techniques in urology, pioneered many techniques in our country, specially laparoscopy and is a loved and respected reference for us spanish urologists. I had a great time with him and the urologists of his department. It is always a pleasure to share my experience and surgical tips with my colleagues.

No comments: