Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Surgeries in Torino

When I arrived at Torino I went for dinner with Prof. Cesare M. Scoffone, an international expert in percutaneous renal surgery with a great interest in endourology.

We enjoyed a wonderful time tasting the local fish. The next morning we woke up early to go to the theatres of the Ospedale Cottolengo, where he had programmed four cases. I did three vaporizations and one prostate enucleation and I was delighted with Prof. Scoffone's reaction. He was amazed with the technology and the evolution of the surgical technique.



I also had the privilege of listening to Prof. Scoffone presenting his experience in percutaneous renal surgery and combined intrarenal surgery (double access to the kidney, both ureteroscopically and percutaneously). I talked to him about my colleague at ICUA, Dr. Luis Llanes, who is the newly appointed head of department of urology at the new hospital in Torrejón Madrid, a great expert in the same techniques and we thought to invite Prof. Scoffone soon to operate with us.

Finally I came back to Madrid, a little tired after 23 surgeries in the last six days.


No comments: