Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Live surgery at the "Challenges in Endourology" Congress, from Hospital Tenon in Paris

I was honoured to be invited to perform a live surgical transmission to the congress Challenges in Endourology from Hopital Tenon, in Paris, France.



This session consisted of five surgeries, an electrosurgical enucleation, a TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate) a Thulium laser enucleation, a Holmium laser enucleation and I was in charge of presenting the En Bloc Green Laser enucleation of the prostate, a technique that I have developed over the last few years.


All videos from the surgeries will soon be available at the websites of Challenges in Endourology and   SIU Academy.


The truth is that everything went really well. I had enough time to show the technique, and I was asked many questions. I was very happy and proud to have had the chance of presenting my technique in such an important forum.


When I was returning to the airport I received the call of Enrique Pérez Castro, a very important Spanish Urologist, internationally known for being the inventor of the ureteroscope, who was participating at the congress and witnessed the session. He was very kind and congratulated me for the session. I really liked to receive his call. I went back to madrid very happy!



No comments: