Friday, June 27, 2014

Surgeries in Lisbon, Portugal

From Barcelona I travelled to Lisbon to visit the Hospital Beatriz Angelo, where I was invited to participate in a surgical session.


Sadly, the organization of the session was terrible, and despite being there at 8.30 in the morning we did not start operating the first patient until 11 am, and then we could not operate the next until 4 pm... surgeries went very well, we performed an anatomic vaporization in a patient with a mid sized prostate and an en bloc enucleation in another patient with a bigger gland. The hospital is impressive with fantastic installations, but very bureaucratic.

I spent a very boring day there, waiting, and with the sensation of losing my time. My plane was delayed and I arrived at home at midnight. I do not think I will ever go back to that hospital.

No comments: