Thursday, September 03, 2015

2 days of GreenLEP training in France

I started this season traveling to Strasbourg, where I reached a dinner with a group of local urologists where I gave a talk on laser for the treatment of BPH.


The following morning we went to Clinique Adassa, where they had prepared 5 patients to perform GreenLEP (Green Laser Enucleation of the Prostate) with my help. I assisted Dr. Weidmann and Dr. Faure to perform their first cases.


After finishing the surgical session, I drove to Montbeliard, where we had a similar plan for the following day. In the morning I went to Hopital Nord Franche Comté, in Montbeliard, where Dr. Atassi had prepared 8 patients to operate in two operating rooms during the day.


It was a tough session, we did not stop working all day.


Everything went well, and it was very clear that this is an advanced technique that can be taught and learnt with relative ease when there is previous experience with prostate vaporization and when the surgeon already has the basic skills and understanding of the physics to manipulate the green laser.


That night we went to the wonderful Museum Peugeot, where we had dinner and also I gave a talk on laser and BPH to the attending urologists.



The next morning I woke up early and returned to Madrid to rest!





No comments: