Wednesday, November 28, 2007

University Hospital Bellvitge

Today I went to Barcelona, to perform a surgical demonstration at the University Hospital in Bellvitge, with Dr. Eladio Franco. I did two operations, a patient with a 120 gram prostate and a second case with a somewhat smaller prostate.


Everything went fine, and we had a good time. I was impressed by this urology department, with three theatres running morning and afternoon. A very high surgical volume... these hospitals benefit from the Greenlight laser, because they shorten hospital stay for prostate surgery.


Then I returned to Madrid, to get ready for my next trip. Tomorrow I travel to Holland, to the urology department at Nijmegen, one of the most prestigious places in Europe. From there I will travel to New Delhi, where I also have to operate again...

No comments: