Sunday, November 18, 2007

Trip to India (III): Lecture and a Cosmic Joke

At last, the 17th, I did my lecture. It was very successful because I had devoted a lot of effort in its preparation. The presentation contained various multimedia animations and videos and I got many congratulations...


Then I could relax and my wife, who had been visiting the Guru, Ramesh Balsekar, for the previous two days, took me to see him. This enlightened man is 96 years old, and every day he opens his house to visitors from all over the world, who formulate questions. He responds clearly and without any doubt in his mind. It was a very interesting experience. He is a very intense man. Basically, he says that our destiny is predestined, we are only mere instruments of God, or the "Cosmic Law", and there is no way to change this. Therefore, we have to accept this and stop suffering. When the session was over, some of the visitors in Ramesh's house went out to a nearby bar to have a coffee. I met the young editor who publishes his books, and when I was telling him that I was a urological surgeon and that I had visited Mumbai before for laser procedures, I suddenly remembered that when I did my first surgical session in Hospital Ali Khan, in Mumbai, Dr. Chibber mentioned that I was operating a very holy man from Mumbai. Some minutes after this we were certain that I had operated Ramesh the last year. We went up to his house again to see him and to tell him. He recognized me and confessed that he was feeling very well after his operation, and gave us some books. My wife was amazed. The editor suggested that all this was a "Cosmic Joke"... the destiny had brought us all together to laugh with us...



No comments: