Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spanish Urological Association Annual Meeting

Today I drove to Valencia in the morning to participate in the Spanish Urological Association Annual Meeting, where I was invited to participate in a symposium on Greenlight laser treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.


I had to give a talk on surgical technique, but some days prior to the symposium we decided it would be even more interesting if I covered the differences among different lasers used in urology for the treatment of BPH.

A very interesting session, as other centers presented very solid data supporting the use of this laser in public hospitals in Spain.

Then I went to have luch by the Malvarrosa beach, a wonderful paella. After that I drove back to Madrid, there was a horrible traffic jam, so I got home rather late. Tomorrow I wake up early because I depart to Lima, for a week of surgery in different hospitals in Perú and Ecuador.

No comments: