Thursday, June 04, 2009

Portuguese Urological Association Congress

I came to Lisbon invited by the Portuguese Urological Association to participate in their yearly congress. I had to lecture in a round table on Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
There are new developments in medical treatment (combination with anticolinergic drugs, PDE5 inhibitors, new alpha blockers...) as well as in the classic TURP (bipolar devices, plasma vaporization) and specially in the laser world (Holmium, Tulium, Greenlight and Diodes). My role was to try to clarify the current role of these lasers and their application.


I always enjoy a lot coming to Portugal, and I have a chance to see my friends. I chatted with Dr. Reis Santos, from whom I always learn a lot. Tonight I go back to Madrid, tomorrow I must fly to Istanbul.

No comments: