Sunday, June 21, 2009

Surgeries in Quito, Ecuador.

I took a morning flight to Quito. In a couple of hours I was there, I got to the hotel and had some time to rest. Then I had a chance to chat with Dr. Cornejo and discuss his experience with the Greenlight before starting my conference at the Marriot Hotel in Quito, I was impressed with the attendance. I had a chance to meet many local urologists.

Then we went to the Hospital Metropolitano, with Dr. Alexis Costa and Dr. Cornejo, and we did two operations. They already had a lot of experience, with more than 100 operations, so I decided to show them advanced techniques, as how to localize the prostate capsule and enuclation plane. Everything was uneventful, but I had to rush to the airport again, as I had to fly to Guayaquil. That same evening we had to perform some operations.

This was a wonderful surgical session, in the company of new friends.

No comments: