Friday, November 18, 2011

Surgeries with Dr. Muchster

Today I flew to Rottenburg, Germany, to visit Dr. Muschter.

They asked me to visit him in his hospital in Rottenburg to evaluate him as a surgeon, to ensure that he can do a good job with the GreenLight laser, so he can be admitted for a randomized clinical trial, the "Goliath Study". This is a requisite in these randomized trials, that aim to demonstrate the true differences between treatments.

This trial is going to compare the results of conventional surgery with transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) with those of Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate (PVP) with the GreenLight Laser.


Prof. Muschter is one of the most active urologists in the laser field in the history of urology. I had a chat with him that was pure gold for me, I learnt a great deal from him and his vast experience with all kinds of lasers for many years.

Of course, he is a master surgeon as well. He also showed me his installations, that are impressive due to their functionality and equipment. It was a very nice day.

Then I came back to Madrid to rest during the weekend, after several weeks non-stop working!

No comments: