Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Visit of Prof. Amici, from Rome

Today we received the visit of Prof. Amici, from the Ospedale Fatebenefratelli Isola Tiberina in Rome, Italy. I did two operations to show the anatomic vaporization concept, very interesting cases. The first patient had a 75 cc gram prostate with a big median lobe. I did a mixed technique, vaporizing lateral lobes and enucleating the median lobe into the bladder, and later morcellated it. The second patient had a smaller gland, about 40 cc, I did an anatomic vaporization down to capsule in 35 minutes.


I could demonstrate with intraoperative transrectal ultrasound how it is perfectly possible to perform a radical vaporization of the adenoma, with no bleeding, in a simple and fast way. I think he was convinced that this laser GreenLight XPS allows to perform a fantastic job with minimum morbidity. I think I will go to his hospital soon to help him perform his first cases.


No comments: